View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 10:57 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I agree with your point but Evander Kane doesn't belong in that class. Kane is exactly the type of young player the Habs could use....speed, goal scoring ability, built like a horse, great along the wall. He has impact player written all over him.

Again, I do agree with your point though. The folkd on this board overrate draft eligible players in a big way.....it's the same thing ever year....just take it with a grain of salt. If we did trade up to draft Huberdeau, they'd want us to trade him in 3 years for a top 5 pick just because his development is going through some growing pains like most 20 year olds.
I agree with your point also,I remember in 2009 before the Entry Draft,I said go after Evander Kane he'll be a great power forward.Now I live on the west coast and knew how tough Kane was but,people told me that I didn't have a clue what I was talking about.They read stats and going on his size at the time I understood what had happened.This is common for all these stat hounds to say they know all about players they have never seen.Kane has of course proven them all to not have a clue,so when I suggest a trade believe me I know what I'm talking about.Valuing players that haven't played one second in the NHL compared to players that have isn't so easy,lots of draft picks with the big Star labels have failed miserably in the NHL.The further into the draft the bigger the chance the player selected can be a bust.So when a team is picking #5 or #8 or #17 the opportunity to stink the place out gets bigger.To trade a player of Cammalleri's stature for a #5 this year isn't really bright,let alone throwing in our #17 and a prospect.Good God people get a grip on yourselves there's a sale in aisle #17!

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote