View Single Post
Old
06-13-2011, 11:23 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
There is more parity for sure. And I think that you could make an argument that MaxPac would've been a difference maker against Boston but I think that's as far as you could legitimately take the argument. Just because Boston is in the finals doesn't mean we'd be there instead. And it certainly doesn't mean that we'd beat Vancouver.
On the other hand, it's also hard to say that we wouldn't have gone to the finals (hence, your first two bolds, which to me reads ''a possibility''), and it's easier to say that we would have lost to the supposed best team in the NHL in the finals (hence, your last bold ''certainly''). I agree with these assumptions...

But the difference lies in that I perceive it that there was a potential to have a decent fighting chance in making the finals (I agree, East is weak), and less odds of beating the #1 seeded Canucks.

Nevertheless, if the the Habs would have won the cup this year it would have not been classified as a miracle imo... by virtue of parity in the salary cap era.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote