Thread: OT: UFC Thread
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 05:53 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Have you seen him fight before? or do you only look at the resume?
He is a much better fighter than all of GSP's recent opponents. It's not even close.
The only one that you could argue was on par is Penn, but his cardio has always been his downside and he never came back to his dominant form since leaving. So even there, I give Diaz the edge.
Really, all you have to do is watch him fight, which, from the way you describe him, makes me wonder if you ever seen him fight since he left the UFC.
You have no idea what you're talking about kriss. He isn't better than GSP's recent opponents. Of course I've seen him fight plenty of times. You say Diaz has an edge on the ground against Shields and say I don't know the fighter. Shields is a much better grappler than diaz, about 100 times, which is why GSP stayed away from him, not his BJJ or AJJ. Diaz has no such weapon and will be exploited on the ground

kriss you under value Shields enormously and over value Diaz by the same. Shields would beat Diaz 10 times out of 10. GSP's most recent opponent is on a whole other level than Diaz. Not to mention Fitch, Koschek, Alves and on and on. I'm beginning to wonder where you come up with your crap.

There isn't a ranking organization in the world who has Diaz ahead of Shields and rightfully so, Shields would throw him around like a rag doll, much the same as GSP will.

He beat wicked competition like cyborg, Noons (1st ww fight btw) Sakurai, Scott Smith LMAO, and most recent Paul Daley who knocked him down twice btw. Real formidable fighters these cans are.

Diaz has even less a chance than GSP's most recent fighters. Wait and see is all I'll say about the rest. He gave a lack luster performance against Shields with only 1 eye and people seem to think the constantly improving Nick Diaz will give him a go.

No matter how often you continue to spew **** like Diaz has a better ground game than Shields it won't ever make it true.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 06-14-2011 at 06:02 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote