View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 07:06 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
It's late here but I will try to remember.

she talked about the combine and mentioned the process and a couple of the high draft picks and how they looked at the combine

Rangers were disenfranchised with Werek for some undisclosed reason and had no intent of signing him to a ELC. my take on this is there was some issues with his wanting to play in ny. for hi to be shipped out there must have been signability concerns.

Mcilrath is a long term project that could be 3 years away. i think we are beginning to see the turning of mcilrath from impact first round steal to something more realistic, which is a guy who will probably be a 3rd pair dman down the road and whom we reached for. as has been said 1000 times before, guys like mcilrath are better found in later rounds or in free agency. hope im wrong, its still early, but this next year will tell alot when it comes to projecting his upside as an nhl player.

Leslie loved The Tim Erixon deal she said it basically was a steal. no brainer.

If grachev doesnt make some noise this year, he could be a potential bust, but she emphasized his young age. make or break year for the ev. he either puts it together and forces us to call him up, or hes khl bound for a payday. he still hasnt shown me he gets it yet. and im a big fan of the big russian. the guy just needs to play better.

The rangers will not try to put any pressure on Kreider, but they want him in Connecticut and playing pro hockey for them. kreider is a concern for me. choosing to play bc rather than saint johns where his offensive development curve would have been much steeper = mistake. and now choosing to stay at bc rather than sign his contract= bigger mistake. not impressed with his decisions so far. i mean isnt this guy a first rounder and supposed to be our best forward prospect. if true, explain why hes taking the carl hagelin approach to hockey. seems like hes in no hurry to begin his career. something is fishy here.

Gordie Clark has the final decision on all prospect decisions and drafting over everybody. even mcilrath

Rangers are eager to see if christian thomas can play with men. me too. love this kids gun. im hoping he finds a home on the left side of our powerplay. he can show mr. gaborik what a one timer top shelf looks liike since gaby has obviously forgotten.

I think she mention Hagelin briefly but projected him to be a third liner. I'm not sure of that though. I remember being surprised by that. carl is the prototypical 3rd liner. good wheels, smart, defensively responsible. his shot isnt his strength but hes smart and hes creative enough to play right away i think. his speed gets him a spot this year and his pk work will get him extra minutes. hes got a good chance to make the team this year.
my take

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote