View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
I take Montreal.

I prefer our youth than TB's youth mostly because of how the talent is distributed. From all I've seen I have more confidence in Subban than Hedman. St-Louis won't be able to play forever and will likely slow down pretty soon and once he's gone you'll see that their forward group will not be all that impressive. Stamkos is a beast, but teams with 1-2 very good forwards are plenty in the NHL and many can't really get anywhere.

If Markov comes back healthy, our D-core as a whole is superior to theirs by a good margin. So will be our goalie (they can't rely on 42 y.o. Roloson for very long, and they have nobody in their system of Price's caliber...).

I much prefer having top goalie + top D pairing and distributed scoring forward than having top forward and distributed talent in your D.

I prefer Boucher to JM, sure. Yzerman to PG? For some it seems like a very clear thing, but not to me. The situation they've been put in is so different, hard to compare. I think that PG is actually making the team progress pretty well and has refurnished our prospect pool pretty well (well now it might seem thin but it's because a lot of them actually jumped in the big league). Yzerman did some nice move but also ended up in a team with lots of young top picks + tons of cap space. Did he make good choices, sure, but I don't really think he proved all that much yet. To me this position is not that important unless you're talking about genius for the ages vs total idiot. It's not like you're building teams from scratch, Montreal already has a young core set in place and PG seems decent at finding players to put around it, so I don't think his role currently is as crucial as say Toronto or Florida's GM. Or TB for that matter.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote