View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Take away the fact the Vancouver series if for the Cup.. I would say the Montreal one has been by far my favorite.

I look forward to tons of hate and wars between our two franchises next year. Suban is more of a villain than Komisarek ever was and I love it. Hockey is in a good place with Boston and Montreal competing at the top of the league. Despite how we all might disagree about the others style of play.

If the Habs can take anything about the Bruins run, I hope they try to get tougher in the offseason. IMO that would just make the rivalry greater. Oh, and listen to Whitesnake more, that guy in on top of his ****.
OK, but had Chara not taken out Pacioretty in a particularly dirty manner (many people in cities around the NHL thought it was, although I don't think Chara intended to injure him so severely), the Habs would have had a much better chance of eliminating the Bruins. The Habs missed Pacioretty's aggressive physical style. He scored 2 goals against Thomas in that 8-6 madcap game and IMO he could have made a difference in a tight 7-game series with 3 OT games. I go back a long way with this rivalry and for a brief period I worked in Reading and attended games at the Boston Garden.

You use the screen name Morrris Wanchuk. When did you first see Slapshot?