View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I made that argument because the guy before me added that he is on such a stalked team as if to say that is why he has any chance. I want to enlighten him that Luongo kept teams like Fla and Van in the past in many games. Ill be honest i havent watched Van to often this year but when i do i dont see any reason to say he does not deserve to be a Vezina Finalist. He is on a high pressure team that finished first overall, and unless he has become a different goalie than which i usually watch, i dont see any sense to your argument.
Compare him to Lundqvist or Price. He is on a stacked roster that pots goals for him and plays amazing defense. He can let in 3 goals and still get a Win because his offense scores 5 goals. The Rangers didn't score at all this year and Lundqvist had 11 shutouts, 3 or 4 of which were 1-0 Wins. Then you see him stand on his head against Washington in the 1st round. Price did the same thing for Montreal. He held his team in many games this year. Luongo receives TOO much credit. he can receive credit, but has received way too much credit being on Vancouver's loaded roster.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote