View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 01:28 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Not saying he has the same smarts and sense, but the guy definitely has some smarts and sense. He has the speed, the size, and the shot to succeed. None of which have to do with hockey sense. As Kreider is a winger, it's not surprising that Stepan has more hockey sense, he is a center. But the point is, if Stepan could succeed without size and speed, Kreider definitely can succeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKreider
"I love seeing how well he's doing because he's such a great kid and he deserves it and he works so hard. He really is a consummate team player," Kreider said of Stepan. "But at the same time, I think we're completely different players. He is the kind of a player who can create for his linemates. He's a play-maker and a centerman. I can't really look at him and say I'm on the same level or at the same point he was at a given point in time. It's hard to draw parallels just because we're entirely different players."
hockey smarts should not be underestimated. talent alone does not get you very far. you have to learn and adapt to make it as a top 6 NHL player. If Kreider becomes anything less, it's not the end of the world but somehow I feel the bi-polar Ranger HF fan masses will explode in outrage and vitriol.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote