View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFiend View Post
Mousasi's problem is that he is highly one dimensional, an Elite MMA striker, with no takedown defense at all, mind you King Mo isn't exactly a slouch in the Wrestling department, but he was took down multiple times by Sokoudjou, a guy who I have yet to see him use his Judo in a fight. With all that said, his KO of Jacare by upkick is still one of my all time favourite KO's.
Yeah Mousasi's problems is wrestling and take down defense in general. He actually has a pretty good ground game from what I heard Jiu Jitsu wise. He has 13 wins by submission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
I wish they'd turn Strikeforce into a proper feeder league, I think it'd be pretty successful, but the problem is is that Strikeforce's divisions, with the exception of their HW and LW are EXTREMELY THIN, and Bellator has really ramped up its recruiting efforts lately and has, arguably, the best stable of fighters outside of the UFC. MFC and Strikeforce are probably close but that tournament format and the 100K grand prize is a huge draw for people looking to prove their worth outside of Zuffa.
I like some of the fighters they have in the weight classes below HW and LHW.

Nick Diaz, Jacare Souza, Gilbert Melendez, Cyborg Santos, Josh "Punk" Thompson, King Mo Lawal, KJ Noons, Marius Zaromskis (who is also the Dream Welterweight Champ), Benji Radach, Justin Wilcox, Jorge Gurgel, Luke Rockhold, Robbie Lawler, Jorge Masvidal, Tim Kennedy, Paul Daley, Scott Smith, Matt Lindland, Cung Le, Melvin Manhoef, Tarec Saffiedine, Jason High, Maximo Blanco, Tyron Woodley, JZ Cavalcante, Shinya Aoki...

Yeah I am a fan of what Bellator is putting together for sure.

I would definitely put Strikefore well clear of the MFC. I like the MFC, but yeah Strikeforce IMO is head and shoulders above them.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 06-14-2011 at 04:29 PM.