View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
25-30 goals is very good but may not be be good enough to lead the team his rivals miss games through injury. What I hope is that at least 5 Habs break the 20 point barrier.
If the top-6 is healthy they should have no trouble achieving that. Gionta and Cammaleri have paced for 30+ per 82 games as Habs. Plekanec tends to be 25-30 and Kostitsyn 20-25. Pacioretty was both a shot and scoring chance creation machine last year. Most breakout goalscoring seasons are because a guy gets a hot hand and everything starts to go in for him. Not Pacioretty, he only shot at 12.5% which is about average for a scoring forward (around Plekanec, Kostitsyn and Cammaleri's career averages). 20 goals should be easy for him, 30 is not out of the question.

Its not all that unlikely at this point that Pacioretty might hit 35-40 in his career best year, much like Cammaleri and Gionta have, if he keeps up his level of performance. That's not something I say lightly and certainly isn't something I'd say about Kostitsyn or anyone else in the Habs system.

Such a performance isn't impossible in the Habs system either like some may think. Gionta scored 37 in 80 games last year, Cammaleri 39 in 84. Those weren't even the best goalscoring years in either player's career either. Gionta famously having 51 in 91 games in 05-06 and Cammaleri 40 in 86 in 08-09. I of course have also been counting playoff games to provide the appropriate context.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote