Thread: Roy trade tree
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I'm trying to figure out what happened to the assets we receive in the famous Patrick Roy trade in 93. We got Kovalenko, Rucinsky and Thibault in the first hand tree.

Kovalenko -> Scott Thornton -> Juha Lind = we lost Lind to free agency

Rucinsky -> Audette + Van Allen = Van Allen lost to free agency, Audette to waivers

Thibault -> Hackett + Weinrich + Nasreddine ->

Nasreddine -> Laflamme + Descotteaux lost to free agency

Weinrich -> Traverse -> Mathieu Biron (also lost to free agency)

Hacket -> Sundstrom (Lost to free agency) + 2004 3rd pick

Now that's where it get tricky: we used that 3rd round pick in the Mathieu Garon trade in which we received Radek Bonk and Cristobal Huet (this trade turned out very nicely for us). We lost Bonk trough free agency and we traded Huet to Washington for a 2nd round pick in 2009 Entry Draft.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out what happened to that 2nd round pick. Anyone have an idea? That year, we traded two second round pick: one to get Mathieu Schneider, and I think the second one, ours, ended up in Calgary for Tanguay... Anyone can help me on that?
5.* The Anaheim Ducks' second-round pick went to the Atlanta Thrashers as the result of a trade on February 16, 2009 that sent Mathieu Schneider and a conditional pick in 2009 to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a third-round pick in 2010 and this pick.[13]
Montreal previously acquired this pick in a trade on February 26, 2008 that sent Cristobal Huet to the Washington Capitals in exchange for this pick.[14]
Washington previously acquired this pick in a trade on November 19, 2007 that sent Brian Sutherby to Anaheim in exchange for this pick.[15]

This one became Jeremy Morin (Atlanta) now a Chicago Blackhawk made his NHL debut in 10-11

8.* The Montreal Canadiens' second-round pick went to the Colorado Avalanche as the result of a trade on March 4, 2009 that sent Jordan Leopold to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Lawrence Nycholat, Ryan Wilson, and this pick.[18]
Calgary previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 20, 2008 that sent Alex Tanguay and a fifth-round pick in 2008 to Montreal in exchange for a first-round pick in 2008 and this pick.[10]

This one became Stefan Elliott (Colorado) Just joined the AHL Lake Erie for the playoffs

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote