View Single Post
Old
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Particular items from the article on NHL.com that stuck with me -

Quote:
He is smart, articulate, thoughtful, and most notably, he manages to be frank and forthright while also being extremely humble for a person of his ability. Kreider will tell you exactly what is on his mind, particularly when it comes to matters of self-assessment, and he is the first to say he feels he has a lot more to prove even though his hockey resume is already so impressive.
Quote:
"One thing about Chris from the time we met him playing in Phillips Andover is that he has always been a very honest guy," said Jeff Gorton, the Rangers' Assistant Director, Player Personnel. "He says what's on his mind. ... Back then he wasn't like some of the other guys telling us he'd play (in the NHL) within a year or be doing something specific. Chris has always had a plan whether it's with his career or it's with his academics, and he has pretty much hit every goal he has set out to do."
Quote:
Among U.S. players who appeared in two World Junior tournaments, only Jeremy Roenick and Brian Gionta scored more goals than Kreider, whose 10-goal total equals the number scored by longtime NHL superstars John LeClair and Mike Modano. Kreider is also one of only three college freshmen (along with current NHL stars Erik Johnson and Phil Kessel) to make the U.S. World team since 1990.
Quote:
"We never expected huge numbers in college because of the depth of the program that they had, but in making the World Championship team last year and then this year he played quite a bit more," said Clark. "You just don't step into that kind of competition and score and get some points unless you're going to be some kind of a top-2 line player (in the NHL)."
I'm disappointed he's going back to BC, but, I still believe he is the most talented prospect the Rangers have had in overall ability since Alex Kovalev...size, skating, soft hands, great shot and patience...there's a reason he plays well in big spots. Obviously, he needs to work on focus and consistency, and, that would appear to be part of the reason he's headed back to BC, as he feels he can do better.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote