over Johnson and Dowell

Goc
Belanger
Madden
Konopka
hell even Halpern

and these came just out of my head
Isn't Goc an RFA?

Belanger would be nice, but he scored 40 points this year, so he should be looking for a pretty big raise. If we could get him at a reasonable price he might be a good choice. It just seems like he'll be getting 1.5+/year. Maybe we should sign him as our third line guy.

As I already said, I think Madden and Johnson are a wash at this point in their careers.

I've only seen Konopka play a few times, and I don't remember much, but based on his numbers, I am very unimpressed. Isn't he going to Europe to play anyway?

Your list is a best case list. Remember that a couple of these guys will be re-signed by free agent day by their current teams, and that there are lots of teams fighting over the last few. Johnson and Madden are not really elite fourth line guys at this point, but they do add value to the team assuming we can get them at near minimum wage. I am just really skeptical of us being able to do better. I think our best hope is that Dowell was injured the last half of this year because he seemed pretty good the first half of the year but really tapered off. I sure wish he was better at faceoffs though.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote