View Single Post
Old
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
I wish they'd turn Strikeforce into a proper feeder league, I think it'd be pretty successful, but the problem is is that Strikeforce's divisions, with the exception of their HW and LW are EXTREMELY THIN, and Bellator has really ramped up its recruiting efforts lately and has, arguably, the best stable of fighters outside of the UFC. MFC and Strikeforce are probably close but that tournament format and the 100K grand prize is a huge draw for people looking to prove their worth outside of Zuffa.
Strikeforce has done a few things right like the Challengers series and being on CBS but in the end promoting a fighter who is not in the UFC is almost an impossible task. They're just that entrenched in the minds of fans as being the MMA brand. Just look at the WEC...despite being on Versus for three years to casual fans it's essentially Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo and some other guys. So I do agree that it would be nice to see some sort of feeder league and get the big Strikeforce names over to the UFC when their contracts allow it. Really would like to see more people aware of talents like Gilbert Melendez or King Mo or Alistair Overeem.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?