View Single Post
Old
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post

I don't know, getting sponsors for the smaller orgs which are de facto feeder leagues for the UFC anyways is still possible, I can't imagine why Strikeforce would have more difficulty in doing it. Maybe Strikeforce needs a re-branding, like calling it the Ultimate Challenger's Championship or League and tie it into their TUF series.

In some ways they already had a feeder league with WEC. Especially before they got rid of the higher weight divisions in WEC. They closed off the bigger weight classes and then basically just absorbed them. So I honestly do not get why you want to turn it into a feeder thing. They will just merge it before they do that. IMO they would have merged it already if they did not have the big wrench of having a partnership contract with Showtime for a couple more years. After that is up they probably will merge them, despite what they say.

As I said I like what Bellator is doing a lot. But IMO you are pumping up Bellator too much and also devaluing the Strikeforce overall roster too much.