View Single Post
Old
06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Beltran seems like the guy who was attacked by the media for no real good reason. My friend told me what happened when the Mets made it to the NLCS and how he went down looking, but other than that I don't know why he gets so much ****.

Also just caught the parts of the game I missed yesterday. I ****ing love Jose Reyes, Jon Niese is legit, Pagan continues to be great, and Willie Harris actually did something. Good times.
I'm a big Beltran fan and try to defend the guy all I can but he always gets **** because of that one at bat in the NLCS which he couldn't do anything about (let's be honest, that curveball was nasty and he wasn't hitting it even if he swung.) How about getting on Willie for listening to Manuel about sending up Floyd instead of bunting over the runners when the pitchers slot came up?

A lot of it stems from the fact that Carlos has a reserved personality. When he's mad and frustrated, he doesn't show it so it gives off that feeling that he doesn't care which was the same problem people had with Drury. Just because he doesn't destroy **** in the dugout after an at bat doesn't mean he doesn't care.