Old
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackell View Post
Long time reader, but not a regular poster (as you can see). I know (well knew) Janne about 10 years ago. We played on the same high school team. He didn't have a great season in Hamilton when he came over a few years ago. I remember he was getting a lot of hype on the habs board when he signed but left a lot of ppl disappointed. IIRC he was one of the first cuts in camp that year. I was pretty shocked to see he lead the SM Liiga in goals this year and was top 3 in scoring. Unless his game has changed a lot I can't see him having much success in the NHL. I hope he proves me wrong. Pretty wild to see him being discussed.
Definitely surprising/interesting... we did get pretty excited about his signing for the Habs, but from what I saw in a few games plus all the reports he was extremely unimpressive and ineffective in the AHL. Not just that he was incapable of challenging for a spot with the Habs, but didn't really add anything at the minor league level either. I never thought I'd be hearing his name again in the context of a return to North America, and was completely unaware of his scoring exploits this season. Good for him if he's figured out something and turned it around. Just sad he didn't do it as a Hab.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote