View Single Post
Old
06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
i'd definitely give him a shot...

as much as people make fun of his mobility, or lack thereof, let's not forget that we had Gill playing 20+min/game in the playoffs this year. Gill makes Souray look like jeff Skinner...

he's big, tough as nails, a good teammate/leader (his issues in Edm were with management, not lockerroom), has a great shot, and most importantly, he'll be looking to prove himself next season. I bet he's putting in the best offseason of his life, and will come into next season ready to show he's still a quality NHLer.

I doubt we bring him in, b/c our management team doesn't seem to have that saavy opportunistic streak in them, but whereever he does end up, i bet he puts up 30+pts and plays a steady top 4 role for them.

I could see him ending up in Detroit (yet another successful reclamation project), or perhaps SJ...

he'd be a great fit for us, sign him instead of re-signing Wiz (thus saving 2-3M$), and give him every opportunity to earn a spot next to Markov (whom he worked well with in the past).

Markov-Souray
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Emelin/Weber
Spacek

I'd be happy with that, and if Souray does falter, one of Emelin/Weber/Spacek replaces him AND we have the cap space to make a move in season, potentially targetting a long-term top-4 solution.

* in this scenario, Gorges/Subban would be the #1 "shutdown" pairing, relieving Markov of the burden of the heavier match-ups until playoff time, allowing us to manage his minutes in teh regular season.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote