Old
06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i'd definitely give him a shot...

as much as people make fun of his mobility, or lack thereof, let's not forget that we had Gill playing 20+min/game in the playoffs this year. Gill makes Souray look like jeff Skinner...

he's big, tough as nails, a good teammate/leader (his issues in Edm were with management, not lockerroom), has a great shot, and most importantly, he'll be looking to prove himself next season. I bet he's putting in the best offseason of his life, and will come into next season ready to show he's still a quality NHLer.

I doubt we bring him in, b/c our management team doesn't seem to have that saavy opportunistic streak in them, but whereever he does end up, i bet he puts up 30+pts and plays a steady top 4 role for them.

I could see him ending up in Detroit (yet another successful reclamation project), or perhaps SJ...

he'd be a great fit for us, sign him instead of re-signing Wiz (thus saving 2-3M$), and give him every opportunity to earn a spot next to Markov (whom he worked well with in the past).

Markov-Souray
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Emelin/Weber
Spacek

I'd be happy with that, and if Souray does falter, one of Emelin/Weber/Spacek replaces him AND we have the cap space to make a move in season, potentially targetting a long-term top-4 solution.

* in this scenario, Gorges/Subban would be the #1 "shutdown" pairing, relieving Markov of the burden of the heavier match-ups until playoff time, allowing us to manage his minutes in teh regular season.

okay, so NO other team even took a shot at claiming him last year, and even if he is bought out, he MAY get a tryout this year from another team. He had 4 goals and 15 assists in the AHL and you want him on our TOP pairing??

Dude, if Souray is your pick for top 2, is the Flower the answer for the Pleky---Cammi line???

PG already talked about getting his D...YOUNGER, FASTER and more MOBILE this year.... everthing Souray is NOT!

Not going to happen.... EVER!

I think your way past Miller time my friend... onto harder stuff!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote