View Single Post
Old
08-26-2005, 08:19 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Camm's goal in the AHL all star comp was unreal. He could be a possibility from time to time.
That shot was nothing more than a trick shot. It had nothing to do with the challenges of a real game. What counts is how often he scored one-on-one against the goalie during actual competition (breakaways and shootouts), which wasn't often at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
seriously....i think Cammy would get the nod before Brown...He just seems to have more raw skills than Brown in this area
Having watched both Brown and Cammy during the last season, my opinion is exactly the opposite: Brown seems to exhibit much more raw ability in one-on-one attacks against the goalie than Cammy. Brown is better at charging the net and has quicker, smoother puck handling abilities that enable him to deke the goalie more successfully. Cammy seems to work better as a sniper, lying in wait and taking a pass for a quick shot from down low. His signature shot last season was to cycle in the right wing face-off circle and watch as the play progessed to the point where he would move toward the dot and take a pass and make a down-low shot to a top-shelf corner. Very effective and very accurate.