View Single Post
Old
08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Brad*

vCash: 500
I think all of those projections are reasonably accurate, PY; although, I would assert that Pitkanen has number one defenseman potential, but that's probably just semantics.

I don't know what Ruzicka's future will hold. He seems to be a very interesting mix of pure skill and inconsistency - where have we heard that before? I won't compare him to any maligned players that have passed through the Flyers system in recent years, but I will say that inconsistency is often the death knell for young prospects trying to make their big clubs.

I like Umberger as well. He had a great regular season with the Phantoms, and was successfully able to change roles in the playoffs; versatility is a sought after asset for a young player to have. He seems to be in great shape (actually, he's a monster) and works hard as well, but he still has his natural talent, which is quite high. Overall, I'm very glad he's part of the Flyers' system now, and I don't think he's that far off as an NHL player. He seems to play a fairly mature game already, and I believe he'd be one of the first call ups this season in the event of injury.

Ouellet is another interesting situation that I'll be watching. Washington is going to be a very poor team this season, so I imagine he'll see quite a few games this year, with Kolzig there as his "safety net" of sorts. Perhaps we'll actually see what he's made of, and if he can become the player everyone thinks he can.