View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He'd absolutely be my choice. Knows the system and has a good track record. I also feel like he'd be less inclined to make a "splash" when he took the position compared to a guy like Messier. Something tells me a guy like Mess would want to put his stamp on the team right away. With Gorton, he's already put his stamp on things.
Excellent point.

All the Satherites around here always ask well who would my choice for GM be? Still the same answers - Hedberg or Gorton. Great thing that we have both in the organization, but if Slither stays much longer these guys will leave for GM positions they deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
There's the youtube video of Gorton talking to McPhee about trading up 1 spot. Gorton wanted the Swede. Backstrom. The Caps wanted him too. Clark and Gorton basically run the Rangers with Sather. Schoenfeld travels with the team on the road helping out with the D and at the morning skate. He sits with Sather at the games. Besides keeping tabs on the Whale,he doesn't do anything else. Doesn't scout anywhere. Doesn't negotiate any contracts. Cam Hope negotiates the entry level deals and helps Sather with the other deals. Hope does all of the CBA stuff. Clark,Gorton and Hedberg in Europe run the personnel and scouting staffs. They handle the draft. Even when it came time to acquire Erixon,Clark and his staff pushed for Erixon. Next Friday,Clark and Gorton will look at the options with Sather at the draft.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=493618

Don't forget him, he's been very involved the last 3 years.