View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
alexstream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
So the Châteauguay-bound lane is closed for the summer due to "Safety concerns", and pretty much being in danger of collapsing into the St. Lawrence. Now, the MTL bound lane is open from 1AM to 12PM, when it then switches to Châteauguay bound from 1PM till 12AM.

Estimated re-opening: "Autumn"
Personally, I think it should be kept to one lane both ways, this is ridiculous. Also, incredible that the government is in talks for a new Hockey arena, when you have an 80 year old bridge which is essentially a hazard.

Anyone else affected by this? I'm really not looking forward to a summer stuck in Chateauguay.
Bridge : 3-7G$, no return $-wise
Arena : 400M$ estimated repayment over the course of 20 years through a Lease agreement AND, lots of taxes from players AND lots of works from a TEAM, food franchises, souvenirs, tourists, etc.

I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong... it's just not the same money. if you were to say e.g. they are building more roads to get to Chambly, St-Jean, St-Mathieu de Beloeil, Boisbriand, etc... and they are not providing for the increase in traffic that it creates toward the City... then, you'd be right.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote