View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 12:55 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
This article is in Russian but his agent says he signed with the Habs for 1 year, 2-way contract.
That's about all you need to know really. Rest of the quotes are usual agent BS. Saw him playing about 70 times last season and I have to admit that at first I was disappointed by his performance. He had solid numbers in AHL, but unfortunately he didn't reproduce them in KHL. I guess adaptation took a while and in playoffs he was one of our better players, though he didn't convince me that he has a real NHL potential.

Sometimes I got a feeling that his heart still was in Hamilton and he simply didn't care enough about hockey in Europe. When Dinamo faced Phoenix in pre-season, he played twice as hard as in any other regular season game. That probably was another indication, that he still wanted a shot in NHL and now that he asked for an early release, he will try once more to earn a job in NHL.

He is quiet and very focused person, and after good playoffs everyone in Latvia is quite disappointed that he will be leaving us. Though, I wish him luck in future, he might just capitalize on the fact now Hamilton's roster is so depleted.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote