Thread: News Article: Islanders Dangle 5th overall pick.
View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 02:02 PM
se7en
infamous...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
The only pieces that the Wild have to acquire the 5th are the ones they shouldn't be considering moving.

I'm sure the Wild would like to do something at the draft to get the fan base excited. But these are the sorts of things you shouldn't be forcing. And trading up or moving important pieces is doing just that in my opinion.
I somewhat agree but again I think we have a big case of the endowment effect going on here.. We don't have the proper pieces to be a cup team. We're not 1 sniper away from the cup. And we can't keep doing patch jobs. I'm not saying complete rebuild but if we have an oppurtunity to lose a big contrat in return for having 2 top 10 picks. With Granlund, & Zucker & Wellman & Bulmer, if we trust Fletchers drafting ability, getting 2 more top 10 draft picks gives us a chance to have a young, cheap & powerful team in 2 to 3 seasons. Yes it sucks now, but if giving up 1 overpaid player now for what could be 2 dynamic cheap RFA's in 2 to 3 years I'm all for it.

EDIT - btw, for anyone who might not know, the endowment effect is someone over valuing a possession they have because they are familiar with it & comfortable with it & there for they feel it has more value. It has been proven that in most cases people would rather keep what they have then give it up for the unknown out of fear of change.. It's why people sell their used car for a cost more than it's worth & then wonder why it doesn't sell..

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote