View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar View Post
If you look at maybe getting Huberdeau or Couturier with the 5th pick overall. I can see the habs giving up 1 of (Eller/Leblanc/Kristo) as well as maybe Weber and our first to move up.

Other than Crosby who obviously is not French their hasn't been a Top 5 star coming out of the Q since Vinny which is a long time ago. I am English but still can see the x-factor in drafting one of the top prospects from Quebec. Either of the two may hit or miss but then again that is what the draft is. I would take a shot at either of them if the opportunity arises. We might not get a chance again for years. If either/or both turn out to be stars who wants to listen for the next 15 year that the habs did nothing to try and obtain them.
Fleury went #1.

I could care less about hearing people complain about the Habs notgetting Q stars...it's about winning. Trading a 1st plus Weber and Eller LeBlanc or Kristo would be terrible asset mangement to get a #5 pick. You're not trading up to get Ovechkin or Crosby, you're trading the farm for Kessel or Weiss...those deals usually turn out very bad.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote