Old
06-16-2011, 01:15 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Our Fs are too thin to expend Grachev.
If you acquire a top3/6 forward you add forward depth and Grachev becomes expendable so you can move him in the deal that acquires that player, especially if your intentions is to retain that player. Havlat is signed and Voracek would look to be signed long term. If you're not willing to move Grachev in a package for one of those two, you need to check yourself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Even if you assume that Del Zotto rebounds to make the club this year, he can't come close to replacing Girardi's minutes. Is Del Zotto going to take Danny's 25 minutes of rock solid defense each night? That's insanity. They're completely different players. Replacing one with the other makes no sense.

Maybe wait until Del Zotto shows he's still capable of playing serviceable defense before trading half of our first defense pairing?

And anyway, the difference between the 15th pick and the 9th pick in this draft is not substantial. You don't move pieces of the core to move up six spots in a crappy draft. Move into the top three? Maybe worth considering. Not for the ninth pick though, not even close.
MDZ isn't going to replace Girardi's minutes defensively he never will, they're two completely separate players. It's silly to even compare the two, I don't know why you would.

On the other hand I know you've read the article about Vtank and his shot blocking down in Hartford, as a 3rd liner, he can start picking up part of the role. Let the "warrior" take on the role of shot blocker.

Another part of the role is going to be taken up by a kid who just got done playing against Ilya Kovalchuk, Alexander Ovechkin, Jason Spezza, & Rick Nash and excelled at it. He's a better skater than Dan Girardi and has just as good of a shot.

No one person takes on his role, but the responsibility is distributed and that's how you replace him.

Can McD and Sauer be the new shutdown pair? Can Erixon play 20 minutes along side stall? Can Vtank play 15? I don't think those are unreasonable yeses.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote