View Single Post
Old
06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Ghost of Downie*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I can't believe there are people on this board willing to go through another year of goalie tryouts and not wanting Bryzgalov even if he's "overpaid". Guy is a legit number 1 .....just stop with the nonsense like going with Bob and Boosh and hoping they "get it" this time. Bob still has a good amount of seasoning and tweaking of his game he needs to work through and Boosh..I mean how many times does this guy have to prove he is a career backup??? We can't then rely on him again if Bob can't work out the kinks in his game.....and Leighton not sure why I even brought up his name

edit...and yes trading Hartnell is just not prudent unless you want to soften the team even more. I'm also not convinced we should subtract from the D by trading Carle. With Pronger's back being suspect and Timonen on the decline we need as much depth as possible even with a better goalie. To me it makes more sense to subtract from the forwards like a Versteeg etc
That's the problem though. If we overpay Bryz (I view "overpay" as $6+ million), we're likely going to have to lose more than just Versteeg.