View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 08:15 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
Laich won't go for anything more than what Malone has signed a couple of years back. IMHO, they're similar kind of players and Laich's agent should be looking for a similar contract. Long term, 4-4,5M per season.

Conklin had 1 bad season and you take away everything he's done in the past? And you even go further by saying Auld s a better option?... Auld didn't even start 10 games last season. Of course the sample is way less representative... Conklin always was a very good backup, one of the best in the NHL.
This is a great analysis of Laich imo. I think the exact same thing now that you mention it, except Laich doesn't have a cup like Malone. I don't think we can afford a Laich contract when we already have Gomer pile and Spacegoat.

+1 about Conklin as well. Only problem is, he's a little too expensive. He'll probably want around $1.5m but maybe after last season, he'll take $1m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
If you go to the NYI's board, you can see there are mixed feelings about Konopka. They all say he is a great team guy, a good faceoff man, and a warrior... but they also say he is terrible at hockey and takes a lot of stupid penalties. Not really someone I'd go for.
Yea going after a player that the 28th place team doesn't want doesn't = profit imo.