View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 08:26 AM
eyeball11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I may be reading too far into this, but if he is going to file paperwork that he has a "career ending injury", doesn't that mean he's done and is going to or has to retire?

Doesn't make much sense to me. Why would a team keep you on the books when you state there is no chance you can play again? Why not just take the buyout and get some money. His cap hit may be $7 million but is actual pay is a couple million less then that.

Why would you want to screw over your current (and childhood favorite) team by keeping your $7 million cap hit on the books if you know you could never play again. The Rangers would find a place for him in the organization no matter what.
The same reason his favourite team would want to screw him over? Though I doubt it's that personal but don't lose sight of the fact he wouldn't be doing anything different to the team than the team would be to him. He'd just be exercising the options available to him. Anyone remember Owen Nolan doing this less than 24 hours before he was to be bought out?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote