View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Bieksa has always been a playoff performer though. The years he didn't he was plagued with on and off injuries and was having a tough time. When he first came into the league he was the bomb when it came to the playoffs. I've always noted him as a player of interest for that reason. He'll sometimes take a month or two off during the regular season definitely in terms of playing hard, but he more than makes up for it in the playoffs.

This is why when I heard all these Van fans wanted him gone earlier this season, I thought we should go after him ASAP. I knew their GM wouldn't be such a fool though. If anyone knows what a playoff performer Kevin Bieksa is, it's Gillis. I think the only year he didn't perform was 06-07 and judging by the games played in the regular season (usually he doesn't play the full season) I'd say he was likely playing injured/worn out.
Their GM must be a fool then because he was shopping him when Salo was slated to return but he had a couple setbacks and it opened the door for Bieksa to stay.