View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I know we need to get some size as well man. However, if you still expect Gauthier to get a rough dman and a big top 6 forward, you are delusional.
So you need to put words into my mouth so you can be right?

You're the one mentioning big top 6 forward. That's your own conclusion. If you ever read anything I've been saying over the last month, is that we need to complete our top 4 D, and add a unexpensive temporary top 6 F player (there are many that would leave us with quite enough to sign another D).

Habs ALWAYS spend to the cap in recent years. This year will be the same, and right now, with an expected 63,5 mil cap (Thrashers/Winnipeg transfer PC), and a foreseeable 21 player roster that would cost between a close estimate of 55-56,5 mil, which would leave us with a minimum 7 million to spend. A bigger top 4 D doesn't necessarily cost 4 mil +. Depends on what you're looking for, both for the top 4 D, and same for the top6-9 forward. Habs will certainly spend that money. How? Who knows? But the ones kidding themselves are the ones who are posting all those rosters with the present D squad with only Markov added.

Quote:
We have needed those types of players for the past 10 years. Last time I checked, our GM has failed us each year.
That's your interpretation. The kind of player I'm talking about are on the market every year, and we did indeed sign some of them in the last few years. When we needed a top 4 D, Habs went and signed Hamrlik and he has been extremely servicable. When Kovalev was gone, we needed a scorer, they got Cammy, who produced 29 points (16 goals) in 26 playoff games so far with us. Nowhere did I write that I'm expecting the best signing on the market. Sure, it'd be great to land Ehrhoff, but when I say top 4 D, there are A LOT of options out there, and not all of them come with a +4-5 mil price tag.

Quote:
Don't expect anything different this year, otherwise you will be disappointed.
I don't expect anything, I'm not like some little child that needs to tame his wishes/expectations to not get dissapointed. You can do that if you like that or need it.

As for myself, I check what happened in the short term past, look at the trends and tendencies and make my conclusions on what I think is needed.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 06-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote