View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Jimmy Villa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Vokoun, or just stick with Bob and pray he does well. Failing to win because you've costed yourself important players to get a goalie is just as dumb as failing to win because you don't have a goalie. At that point you should just look to the future.

I'm not saying "DONT GET A GOALIE." I'm just saying that grossly overpaying for one just for the hell of it isn't a good idea. A responsible GM could pull it off, but Holmgren isn't a responsible GM (We'd have gotten a goalie last year if he was). The problem is, he overpays everyone.
Totally understand your concerns, and they're completely logical.

I don't like the idea of rolling with Bob. He's a few years away from being the real deal, and in the meantime we continue to get hosed when it counts.

Homer is mental with these contracts, so it is a worry. But so is the idea of rolling with Bob & a has-been or never will be as a backup.

I understand you're worried about gutting the core, but I think with the right moves (I appreciate this may be alien to Homer) we can keep what is worth keeping of the core AND have Bryz.

Let's face it, whilst the goalies were our obvious problem in the playoffs last year, our core let us down BIG time after the all-star break. So perhaps moving a few will give them the wake up they need, because they were limp in the playoffs.