Old
06-17-2011, 11:22 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
So, he's supposed to accept the buyout for less money and then NOT get signed by another team because of his injury which occurred while playing for the NYR? Does that make sense to you? I'm not saying he's bound to make a decision under the CBA, but you can't tell me the PA isn't happier with THIS decision.

Option to retire = forfeiting his entire salary = not really an option.
No, I think he's doing the right thing for himself. And yes, I think the NHLPA would agree. I just read your initial post as asserting that he was somehow contractually bound to make this decision. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
He's entitled to it because he works for a union that is powerful enough to gain guaranteed contracts for every one of it's members. His salary is not merit-based. It's guaranteed. Nothing else you said matters at all. I'm of the opinion that unions should work with their employers to create a sustainable business model, but it's still the union's job to get the best deal for it's members. Guaranteed contracts are a great benefit and the players should take advantage of it if they want to.
Aaaand Tawnos with an awesome post. I smile when people understand Labor.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote