View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Yeah, but I'm not arguing that he's worth the money. He isn't. I'm saying that it's Sather's fault (and the NYR) and you can't blame the player for signing the contract and expecting the club to live up to it. It's not Drury's fault. It's the organization's. I'm sure that Drury knows better than anybody that it's been a rough few years and he hasn't performed as well as he would've liked. Equally, from his standpoint, he probably looks at it that he gave everything he had and his body has become torn up in the process of doing that for the NYR. I can't really fault him for wanting what he was basically guaranteed. It's why he signed here.

Bottom line: blame Sather.
Its Drury's body breaking down and his inability to do anything on the ice that is the reason for this thread. If he performed like he did the first two years a buy out would not even be considered.

This has nothing to do with the fact that Drury was overpaid as a UFA. If he signed a deal for 4 or 5 million per (which would have been viewed as a ridiculous steal at the time) he would still be bought out. He has been that bad. And unless Sather or someone in the organization beat his knees and back with a pipe, its Drury's "fault", or his body's anyway.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote