View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out View Post
Good to read that I am still a part of the crew!

I don't often come back to post but I definitely still check out the message board every now and then to see what you guys think. In all honesty, my job is to serve you guys - the fans and the readers - in the best way possible, so if there is something that I'm not doing that you guys would rather see, I am all ears.

As Superman said, I started posting here in 2002 and I played the game at almost every level in the Philly area before going to college. Grabbing the Flyers beat at the Daily News really was a dream come true.

As far as the actual topic of the thread, I'd be really surprised if the Flyers decided to part with either Richards or Carter. I think Carter would be the first to go out of the two. The only way it would make sense, for me, is if you're going to get a top pick (read: 10th overall or better) and a player that you can plug into the lineup now. I don't think the term on his deal would scare anyone away, it's a pretty reasonable cap number for a player who has been durable (in the regular season), is just reaching his prime, and has averaged 38 goals over the last 3 seasons.

At some point, the Flyers are going to need to start re-stocking the farm, because it's already as barren as can be and the window on a few of the pieces in this lineup is already closing. It should become a priority sooner or later.

Good to be back and post.

Frank Seravalli
Very cool of you to post!