View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Just thinking that this might all take me a few days to get a grip on though I'm pretty sure the Rangers are already devising strategies to take their shot at getting Richards and still get all the RFA's sign and be able to meet the requirements for the summer cap.

It seems that if in the case of say a guy like Fedotenko who came to camp unsigned last year and made the team that you could have an agreement in place to sign a player after the summer cap issue went on the backburner. You could do this in the case of as many players as you like as long as they're willing to wait until Redden and Drury are off the books.

As for Drury I've never been that big of a fan of his--even before he became a Ranger. As far as his leadership qualities I think they've been overblown. He has never been worth the contract he signed. His first two seasons were $4.5 mil per worthy. The last two have been horrible. I don't feel like piling on here though--at least not today. Need more time to digest it. And for that matter who is to say that Wade Redden won't say '**** it. I'm not going to play in the AHL again next year' and make this situation moot.

If there's a way around a situation then Glen might have to get cracking.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote