View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 02:01 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He makes close to $4M and brings absolutely nothing to the team offensively. The kicker is he was brought here for offense. I would absolutely trade him if it meant I could sign a better, younger, D-man. I'd rather have Wiz or a player of his caliber over Spacek.
Well, he got 16 points in 59 games which isn't that bad. His role has changed on the team and he isn't used for his offence anymore, he is used for his stellar defensive play and his excellent shot-blocking. Wiz is much better offensively but I would give Spacel the nod for play in the defensive zone. That being said, I would indeed sign Wiz to the contract Spacek has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Very true... Spacek led the team +/- 5 on 5 and all in all, was an even player thoughout the season.
He's decent 2 way defenceman who got seriously skunked on his 65 sog last year. he typically gets his sog though, and as many have mentioned, he may have slowed down some, but he was serviceable, in a lessor role on the team.
I agree, he is a very serviceable player in our own end and can produce in the offensive zone as well. He is very reliable for his shot-blocking and is a great player to depend on when we are on the big stage. A good example would be how well he shadowed Ovechkin in last year's playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Spacek falls down a lot and whiffs on a lot of passes. Also, I don't find him very mobile.

Those are my beefs with him.

On the plus side, he's fairly smart and blocks a lot of shots. His first pass is generally good but again, tend to whiff on a lot of them.

He's a decent #5 or 6, I just hate his salary.
This is a great evaluation of him in my opinion. A solid 5-6 defenseman who is reliable in his own end and blocks shots very well.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote