View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
With jagr's skill set i'd put him on thr 1st line with richards and bump gabby and cally down a line.

Avery-Richards-Jagr
Dubi-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Cally
Prust-Boyle-Fedentenko
I actually like thess lines better than how I had it.

I would definitley let AA/Stepan battle it out for that 3rd line role...
As for top line LW, I would put Dubi there since him and Jagr have that chemistry.
Second line LW is up for grabs... I would like to see us slot Prospal/Wolski/Avery take the 2/3 line LW role. I'm not sold at Hagelin and i'm all for let the kids play but no way a rookie Hagelin is the better option than any of the 3 listed above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Selanne is as much a goal scorer as he is a playmaker.

Jagr was clearly and sharply on the decline when he left the NHL. To think that 3 years later he will come back and drop 70 points again is ambitious, to say the least.

Jagr said himself he believed it may very well be a 3rd line/pp role that he filled in the NHL. If you don't believe me, look it up yourself. His words, not mine.

Expecting Jagr to be some sort of savior, and to come back in and somehow outperform Gaborik is setting yourself up for major disappointment.
A lot of that decline was thanks to his injury and his rehabilitation. It's been 3-4 years of him playing in a league that doesn't hit as hard or nearly as often. for all intents and purposes, Jagr is fresh.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote