View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
How many times has Selanne had more goals than assists?

Jagr has never ever done that. Jagr has also led the league in assists 3 times and has finished top 3 in goals and assists in the same season 6 times.

His decline in 2007-08 had more to do with the fact that he never had a full time centerman to play with, losing Nylander than it had with him declining physically.

Jagr only mentioned 3rd line roles before. Jagr always mentions all kinds of things.

Do you honestly think Jagr will play on the 3rd line?

I don't expect to score 120 Pts anymore but I do think he will be a PPG player. He would outscore Gaborik.

Speed is such an overrated subject on Hfboards and it's not even funny.

Chara is a million times slower than Jagr and he's a Norris nominee and won the Cup.

Jagr actually helped slow down his decline by going to Russia. He hasn't had to put his body through the grind of the NHL for 3 years and he's actually more like a 36 year than a 30 year old right now.

As I said earlier, Jagr and Selanne head to head at age 34, 35 and 36, Jagr came out on top. So suddenly Jagr's going to decline and Selanne is better just because 3 years went by?
I'm arguing the same thing BUT people's bodies respond differently at different ages so I don't really think that's a good argument to stand behind.

There are a lot of players who were better than Chelios when he and them were in the their early 30's but I can almost guarantee that 95% of those players weren't half as good as he was at age 44 or whatever it was when he retired.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote