View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Double XX L

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
Well, he got 16 points in 59 games which isn't that bad. His role has changed on the team and he isn't used for his offence anymore, he is used for his stellar defensive play and his excellent shot-blocking. Wiz is much better offensively but I would give Spacel the nod for play in the defensive zone. That being said, I would indeed sign Wiz to the contract Spacek has.

I agree, he is a very serviceable player in our own end and can produce in the offensive zone as well. He is very reliable for his shot-blocking and is a great player to depend on when we are on the big stage. A good example would be how well he shadowed Ovechkin in last year's playoffs.
Absolutely People tend to forget how much experience he has as well... He's played a lot of great hockey over the years in the NHL. He's went deep in to the playoffs with the Oilers, Sabres, and us (well for 1/2 of the run at least). He is 4 th on this team in blocked shots (90) in his limited showing (he missed an entire quarter of the season).
It's the role he was forced to take in the playoffs... at times, like the rest of the team, he was outmatched by the bruins 5/5, But that's not to say he didn't have a decent season,

The inclusion of potentially, Markov (#1 LD) - Gorges (#1 LH RD)
Gill (#2 LD) - Subban (#2 RD)
Spacek #3 LD - Weber (#3 RD)
Emelin Sp LD

I like the idea that I can platoon Spacek with a new to NA Emelin.
His contract may be high, but his experience is useful with a green Weber, and a green Weber floating in our top 7.
Diaz IMO is called up if anything happens to the RD...

Double XX L is offline   Reply With Quote