View Single Post
Old
08-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I always used a mid curve with an open toe until I purchased two one-pieces from the Predators during the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

The first was a CCM 110 Vector pro return with the best heal curve I have ever seen/played with. I had a great shot with it and felt I could put the puck anywhere I wanted with ease. Unfortunately, that stick was broken when the blade was stepped on during a scrum in front of the net.

I had thought about getting the blade custom made, but...the way it broke, there was no way of getting it put back together.

The other stick was an Easton Synergy with a Drury curve. It took a little adjustment to get used to it, but I love it now. I have run into a lot of players that haven't been able to get used to the curve and have sold their sticks soon after purchase.

Therefore, since I don't know what the CCM pattern was...I'll vote for the Easton Drury pattern. I honestly can't stand the Lidstrom pattern...I know it has it's purposes, but I simply cannot stickhandle with the curve and loft on that blade. Anytime I handle the puck with a Lidstrom curve I pop the puck up on it's side.