View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 05:54 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I'll tell you one thing though. Jagr's impact is going to be far greater than Gaborik's. It may not show on the stat sheet; but it will be there. Also, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Jagr does outperform Gaborik. It all depends on what kind of Gaborik we see.
Jagr's leadership style was lead by example. If players follow that example now, the best we'll have is 18 guys that don't backcheck and coast, and score ~50 points maximum in the year.

There is no way on earth that Jagr outperforms Gaborik. Even if you want to play the "stat sheet" game. Gaborik backchecks, Gaborik is faster, Gaborik could kill penalties if it wasn't for the injury risk.

The last time I saw Jagr kill a penalty he looked like a lost pee-wee player. Awkward, lanky. He has no lateral movement. He has slow feet.

I understand the emotional connection to Jagr, but he's not that good at this point. The only positive he would bring to this team would be sparking the powerplay, but his style of play otherwise is a detriment to this team at 5 on 5 and doesn't fit our style at all. And sure, he might very well get to 50 points. PAP got to 50 points on a non-playoff team last season, it doesn't mean anything to me or the NHL for that matter.

I take Prospal back at $1mil next year 10 out of 10 times before I consider Jagr at whatever price he'll want. Even on a bum knee Prospal plays with more heart than Jagr.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote