View Single Post
Old
08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Well perhaps the best way to look at him is simply to read his profile on the Rangers website: http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/c...sp?coachid=120

In terms of what I think...I don't believe he's a star maker so much as a guy who can help a goaltender reach a fuller potential. Taking a guy like Burke who bounced around a lot, showing potential and turning him into a goaltender that teams want and someone who is reliable in net.

What he does as a coach is put structure behind the natural ability of a goalie. Goaltending is all about playing the odds, making it so a shooter has to either be lucky or take a low percentage shot. What Allaire will do is make sure the goaltenders in the organization have good fundamentals, and their natural ability will enable them to make those saves that the practice and structure doesn't allow them to.

What I like about Allaire is that he incorporates the defense into the goalies game. Both the defensemen and goalie are always in sync. He's talked about it on numerous occasions.