Thread: Roman Hamrlik
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
I would only entertain extending him an offer if we can afford him after having already signed Wisniewski and Markov, or in the unfortunate event we were to lose one of them to an overpayment from another team. Hamrlik filled his role last season, and then some admittedly, however his decline has become quite prominent. Even at a considerably lower contract, I would not want him over Wisniewski in any scenario. We have suffered notably in the past when allowing an offensive defenseman with a cannon to walk, and I believe it would be a significant mistake to do so again. In addition, Wis played exceptionally well on the roster, more so than he was believed to, especially when many pegged him a defensive liability comparable to Mike Green. With reduced reliance, I believe he will fair better next season. In an ideal world we trade Spacek, and Hammer takes his spot.

In short, take Hamrlik if other opportunities fall through or we can afford it but never instead of Wisniewski if both are willing to sign.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote