View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I think emulating the best development programs is worth trying but I wonder if Slovakia will ever have the requisite pool of players to make it work. The Swedish program, for example, might not be working so well if they only had 9,000 registered players instead of 59,000. If it doesn't work, there might not be any other alternatives beyond systems emphasis.
Well, Germany has about 3 times as much players as Slovakia does (under 30 000), so that might not be such a good example either after all.

And Denmark with half the players we have shows that it is still possible to develop top end talent.

But yes, if we want to apply for example the Swedish model the first thing we need to do ahead of anything else is to get more kids to play. Obviously even if we applied everything good that there is in Canadian, American, Swedish, Russian and Finnish youth development combined, we wouldn´t be as goos as those nations. But I believe that it is possible to apply a big part of what they do in "small" as well.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote