View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
RandR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
He outplayed Couturier in the playoff. Can't believe the snub by CSS. i guess they were too busy watching the 9 SeaDogs player to notice Pageau...Anyway he's getting pick without a doubt next week. He need to get stronger as he's listed at 5"9 164, he's one my sleeper in the draft. i wouldnt be surprise if he get pick in the 4th round. Good skater and as great hockey sense. His coach Benoit Groulx compared him to Claude Giroux. Hard worker as well.

http://nhldraftvideo.blogspot.com/20...el-pageau.html
Of course CSS rankings came out only during the 2nd round of the Q's playoffs, so Pageau's drop in rankings would not have included his playoff play other than possibly the first round.

The comparison with Giroux is flattering, but we expect coaches to pump up the confidence and promote their players. Of course, all it takes is for one NHL team to either see the same qualities or "fall" for this; it wouldn't be the first time that a player was picked because he was compared to an older brother or a previous player playing under the same junior coach.

He definitely had a terrific playoffs and scored some huge (and skilled) goals. And that would have been in front of whatever scouts had showed up to watch Couturier or Saint John.

RandR is offline   Reply With Quote