Old
06-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Question:
Has anyone heard any rumours of Timmins being interested in or aggressively scouting Zibenajad? There's been a lot of speculation on the possibility (or lack there of) of moving up to the 1st or 5th spot and snaring either Huberdeau or Couturier, but putting together an offer for the 10th spot and pouncing on Mika Z is much more realistic. In the process, the Habs acquire something both they and their fans have coveted for over a decade: a big, powerful, 1st line center. Am I totally delusional on this?

Barring any aggressive action from PG, I take one of Scheifele, Miller, Puempel or Jensen.
Zibanejad will probably go from #6 to #9 after the top 5(Couturier Huberdeau RNH Larsson Landeskog) are off the board. He projects very similar to what Eller is but he is a bit more advanced at the same age. Scouts project him more as a #2 center in the Kesler mold who can put up 60-65 points, play both ways and have a physcal game.

As much as he would be a nice addition, he would probably cost either LeBlanc or Tinordi to move up 7-8 spots. I think there are players going to be there at 17 that could be just as good NHLers....Klefblom Beaulieu Armia McNeill Puempel Scheifele Miller, one of those players should still be there at 17.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote