View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 01:47 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'd take Wiz over Markov for sure. He's younger and Markov is coming off two major injuries to the same knee. We won't win a cup this year so we might as well keep the guy who will be around longer and is far more likely to play a full season with us.
I don't think the org thinks like you. I think the org plans on being competitive next year. And I agree with them.

Quote:
I don't see why we can't keep both though.
Salary and roster space. Need to move some coin to the forwards. And you don't want to land Spacek or Gill in the pressbox either.

Quote:
Then again, I suggested that we should've traded Markov long ago for JVRD and prospects or picks like Giroux and everyone freaked out so...
You're always suggesting to trade established NHLers for picks and prospects. It's your very own personal warhorse.

Quote:
Tell me, has his Corsi decreased over the past few years? His points have.
His ES points have not. He's been 40 like clockwork for 3 straight years before this year. And Corsi measures even strength.

Quote:
You've shown us the stats. We get it, sometimes teams have good or bad or lucky years like Colorado. However, we've been consistently poor at offense while putting together the same kinds of teams.

The pucks HAVE NOT gone in for us for years.
And this is the part that's not getting in your head. The pucks HAVE been going in before; the Habs just haven't been generating the chances. They were bad. This year, they've had the chances, the pucks haven't gone in.

It is a huge difference. And you've completely refused to acknowledge it as meaningful.

Quote:
And here's something that you and your stat friends may want to do. These Corsi numbers that you're using... I'm assuming it's a average of a bunch of combined stats... Why not add in GF or GA? Then it might actually give a more accurate picture of how effective a team actually is at getting or preventing goals.
Corsi is a measure of all shot attempts, so they already include both GF and GA. It's a very simple calculation that is a measure for puck possession.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote