View Single Post
Old
06-18-2011, 03:52 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Kreider is our best prospect and has been compared to Eric Staal in the way he plays, but faster. He isn't worth anything you give us.
Not really.

Maybe in the aspects that he's fast and physical, but Staal and Kreider have two completely different styles of play.

Kreider to me is a more physical version of Tony Amonte, I said it from day one and still stick to it. People say a more skilled version of Callahan, while that's possible, I don't see Kreider ever being that kind of player defensively, and I'm MORE than fine with a more physical Amonte, who was one of my early favorites watching the Rangers as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
1) Very good read on Kreider. At this point in his development, he could be a very successful 3rd line checking forward. However, he's talents, which include not only his elite skating ability, but, also his shot. However, he still has a ways to go in his development. My impression of him is that when he reaches full development, we will see a hybrid of Tony Amonte and Bill Guerin.
Don't see the Guerin comparisons as Guerin was always more of a smarter defensive player, even in his earlier years. It wasn't just because of his development with the Devils.

Quote:
2) Make no mistake, I like Brayden Schenn a great deal, and would love to see him on the Rangers. But, Chris Kreider is a personal favorite of mine, and I really do not want to see moved.
I see Schenn becoming a Dubinsky, and nothing more. Maybe a 25-30 goal, 30 or so assist 60-65 point player, which I still think Dubinsky has a great chance of hitting.

No reason to trade an asset that we need more of (goal scoring wingers) for yet another two-way playmaking center when we have Dubinsky, Anisimov and Stepan. Redudancy in parts will end up forcing yet another trade, only to be looking to get back to the kind of asset (Kreider) that we traded away in the first place.

It's basically cutting your nose off to spite yourself.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote